Summer Pea, Mint & Courgette Soup
Vegetarian, gluten free
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
2 large courgettes, chopped,
2 garlic gloves, chopped
1 bag of spinach
1 small handful of fresh mint
1 x bag of frozen peas
1 x litre of vegetable stock
salt & pepper
crème fraiche (if desired)
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a large pot. Sauté onion, garlic & courgettes until softened (approx 10 mins).
- Add frozen peas and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint and spinach and blitz with a hand-held blender.
- Return to the heat for a couple of minutes and season to taste.
- Serve. If desired garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a small drop of crème fraiche and a small mint leaf.
Voila! A really easy, really delicious summer soup!